Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 1 - Heavy


So far so good.
We are working on Vital Signs.
I bought a new bp cuff and matching stethoscope
in the closest color to turquoise I could find of course.
We went over infection control and endured a long and painful hospital orientation. This may quite possibly be one of the longest weeks ever. Most days I left the house before the sun had risen and rushed home to get the kids off the bus at 3:30. I have about 15 chapters to read this week and it's ummmmm Saturday....so I better get crackin'.

Thursday was my first oncologist appoint here in AR. I always seem to feel depressed at these appointments. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for my status and that I now longer have cancer. But you can't help but feel guilty when you go into a waiting room with people who are extremely ill and here you are HEALED. I always leave with the "why me" feelings. Why did HE choose to HEAL me and not them. Similar to survivors guilt I guess.

This week has felt HEAVY both physically and emotionally.
looking forward
Shawnna

1 comment:

Nicole Maki said...

Sounds like you have a very full plate right now.

(((((HUGS)))))

God healed you because your work here isn't done yet. At least that's how I see it.